When it comes to desserts, healthier options tend to suck. The texture will be off. The taste is almost there, but not quite. They smell funny.
Well, my pregnant taste has inhaled half the pan of these since making them yesterday, so if that tells you anything…
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 T cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 t butter extract
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 packet stevia+extra cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- handful of cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips, but…not. They’re cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all ingredients except the last two to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking pan. Top with stevia+cinnamon and cinnamon chips.
- Bake for 30 mins or until edges start to come away from the sides of the pan.
I ate one as soon as they came out of the pan, but they’re actually better after having cooled completely.