- catfish fillets (our Sams Club out here in Kansas had them and I about flipped my you know what when I saw them)
- blackened seasoning (I used Old Bay. It was surprisingly lower in sodium than the others I checked)
- quick cooking grits (not instant)
- smoked cheese- gouda, edam, etc., shredded (use good judgement. this isn’t pizza)
- Tastes Like Fried Okra
- Preheat oven to 375. Rub seasoning into fish and place on a foil lined baking dish with non-stick spray. Bake until an internal temperature of 150.
- Make the okra.
- Cook grits according to label. Add cheese.
This is a pretty basic recipe, but it was really good. There’s not too much sweet tea out here in the Midwest, so it’s always nice to have a taste of home. Also check out Lipton Southern Style Sweet Tea. It is our FAVORITE- and it’s calorie free. Winning.