I found this recipe about a year ago on Clean Eating magazine’s website, and we loved it- but like usual, I had to go make some changes to better fit our tastes. Here ya go!
- 2 chicken breasts, beaten with a meat tenderizer until all thin and sandwich-fit-into-your-mouth-able
- fresh pineapple or canned sliced pineapple (be sure it is in 100% juice and not in “lite” syrup. gross)
- chile powder
- Ezekiel bread hamburger buns (freezer section)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 TBS lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chile powder on chicken. Grill the chicken until it’s dunzo. Cut pieces into two pieces (so they fit onto the bun).
- While it’s grilling, mix the avocado, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. (NOTE: I didn’t measure the cilantro. I cut it into little pieces using scissors and mix it until the bowl smells like cilantro. The husband LOVES this stuff.)
- Add the pineapple slices to the grill to add grill marks.
- Assemble the sandwich- spread the avocado sauce on the bun, then add the rest of the ingredients. We had this with frozen broccoli that I steamed in a steamer basket.
I had to eat the sandwich with only one piece of chicken and I saved the other half for lunch the next day. Boom.