- 1 box whole wheat or vegetable pasta
- 3-4 spinach and chicken sausages (we get these at Sam’s. They’re incredible. You could use any kind but these specific ones are our favorite.
- 6 oz box of baby spinach (I think they’re called clamshells?)
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to directions. Heat sausages in a pan (or according to directions).
- Put spinach leaves into colander in the sink. When pasta is finished cooking, pour pasta and water into the colander and let sit for a minute or two, then stir to help wilt the spinach (best kitchen hack ever. Because health.)
- Pour pasta and spinach mixture into a large bowl and add olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper flakes to taste. Add sliced sausage and voila- balanced meal.
This may seem very basic (because it is) but these flavors work really well together and the best part- this is CHEAP and it makes tomorrow’s lunch too. Boom.