It’s pumpkin season, y’all! I was making this chili and realized that I had extra…so…cookies happened. This happened yesterday and the cookies were gone this morning. Just saying.
- grapeseed oil (or another high heat cooking oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb meat (I used ground turkey), cooked accordingly
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (there is exactly enough left over to make the cookies!)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 can no salt added garbanzo beans
- 1 T cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- sea salt and black pepper
- Sautee chopped onion in oil until translucent (go ahead and make the next step easier and do so in a big pot).
- Add everything else to the pot and heat through. Nom.
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and peeled (yes, this part is kind of a pain. I usually will only put this kind of effort into 2 foods: crawfish and pomegranates. But these cookies are the bomb.com so they were worth it)
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin (or just the rest of the can from the chili!)
- 3 T honey
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- Put chickpeas in the food processor and blend until powdery (what? It gets powdery. Who knew?)
- Add everything else and blend until gooey (this part wasn’t much as a surprise).
- Drop by glops (you know) onto a very lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15ish mins or until the bottoms are browned (NOTE: they will be soft. Let them cool and they will harden up slightly).
- OPTIONAL: I added Ghiradelli 60% cacao chocolate chips to about half of them.