It’s FALL! It’s still crazy hot here and there aren’t any leaves to change colors, but my house smells like pumpkin spice so I’m going to go ahead and call it soup season. Boom.
- 6 corn tortillas (preferably salt free)
- grapeseed oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub both sides of tortillas with oil, stack. Slice with a pizza cutter to desired size and shape.
- Place in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet (or, don’t line the baking sheet. Your call. But ain’t nobody got time for cleaning up.).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or shredded cooked chicken (I used ground turkey this time and added a packet of Goya seasoning. It’s in an orange box near the taco section)
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1 1/2 T chile powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 can no salt added organic diced tomatoes (I used the Fire Roasted Muir Glen)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups low sodium or organic chicken broth
- Saute onion in a small amount of high heat cooking oil until soft. If using ground turkey, add turkey and Goya to the pan and cook until done.
- In a pot, add everything from #1, then add everything else plus 2 cups of water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips.