I know, I know, that sounds gross. But it was ridiculously good. The husband even said that the meatballs tasted like chicken nuggets. Pureed fish is a little weird, and I’m not going to lie, I’ve had “La Poisson” from the Little Mermaid stuck in my head since I made them, but y’all….try it. So good. And so clean.
- 3 slices whole grain sugar free bread, torn into pieces
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 egg white
- whole grain pasta, cooked
- container of organic baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil, slightly crumpled, and spray with non-stick spray (if you have kids or just like Despicable Me, I hope you read that in Gru’s accent. “Crowbar? Non stick spray?”).
- In a food processor, process bread, salt, and pepper until you get fine crumbs. Add tilapia and the egg white, and process until pasty. Roll into meatballs and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add a splash of high heat cooking oil to a large skillet. Add spinach, garlic, and about a cup of water. Saute until spinach is wilted.
- Serve pasta topped with spinach/garlic mixture, a dash of olive oil, meatballs, and sea salt and pepper. We added red pepper flakes and a tiny bit of paprika to ours.
Enjoy and Happy Friday!!!