Batman is slightly addicted to mini muffins. I don’t know if it’s because they’re mini or because they are muffins, but the kid can tear through a box of the prepackaged ones like the superhero that he is. I’ve been trying to clean up his diet too, so he and I made these the other day and they were awesome. We are going to try a chocolate muffin recipe later this afternoon!
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar (I used a blend)
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla AdvoCare Muscle Gain
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 2 t baking soda
- Blend butter/coconut oil and brown sugar. Add applesauce, pumpkin, and spices. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mix. Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.