Look! I am finally posting an original recipe.
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- salmon fillets
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 T panko
- 2 T chile powder
- grapeseed oil
- Pulse pistachios, panko, and chile powder in a food processor until crumb-y (sp?).
- Rub salmon on both sides with grapeseed oil and cover in a thick coating of the pistachio mixture.
- Spray a cooking dish with cooking spray, add the salmon, and bake at 375 degrees until done (salmon needs about 5 minutes of rest time outside of the oven, in which time it will continue to cook- so don’t overcook while in the oven or you will end up with dried out nasty). Up here in the high altitudes, it took about 15 minutes.
Mixed Vegetables Side Dish
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- handful of kale, chopped and off the stalk
Saute in high heat oil (I used sunflower oil) for about 15 minutes (see what I did there? 15 minute complete meal. Boom.) I seasoned it while it was cooking with Lawry’s No Salt 17 Blend (because I found it hiding in the back of the pantry and thought, eh?), and we liked it.
Enjoy! Have a great weekend!