A few years ago, we discovered Papa Murphy’s pizza. It is insanely good. Y’all. They even have lighter versions of some of their stuff, and every time we make it up to Las Cruces now we will stop and pick one up. Yesterday, I didn’t feel like doing a full grocery shopping trip, and I had some left over raw chicken tenders in the fridge, so I came up with this copycat recipe. It. Was. Awesome. The husband had 4 slices. And there are two leftover, and I’m counting down the hours until lunch time. So. Excited. Anyway, here it is:
- can all natural artichoke hearts, chopped (check labels- the ingredient list should not be more than 3-4 things)
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach
- 4-5 chicken tenderloins, chopped into bite size pieces, sprinkled with italian seasoning, and cooked in sunflower oil over medium heat)
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- chunky garlic paste (I found this in the produce section at Walmart, next to the fresh spices)
- aged white cheddar, shredded (do me a favor and do not buy preshredded cheese. added chemicals- ain’t nobody got time for that)
Put toppings on a whole wheat pizza crust (I used a premade one, but check labels- stay away from anything with added sugar in the ingredient list, or anything you can’t pronounce…and as always, look for the whole grain seal). Bake. You can even dip it into the ranch sauce from my previous post.